Re: Travelall - it coughed!

"Peter F. Ferris" wrote:
>> : the siphon, I made a huge gas mess everywhere that I had to wait out.. d'oh.
> Sounds like the "Older & Wiser Tom" has arrived! Soon, Hoffs proverbs will begin
> to make sense to you.  You DID  archive all of his messages, right?! ;-)

Yeah, I got smarter.. though not more patient.  I kicked on my on
on-board air to help speed the process.  I also had a blanket and fire
extinguisher handy during the "starting" process..

> : The hose on the manifold had a round cylinder body, but then a "nipple"
> Have you (or DPO) been playing any games (like I've been forced to!); eg; Scout
> motor transplanted into T-all?  Minor nuances.  Maybe a few gotchas!

FAIK, the 392 is original.. but it came to me with a 304 intake
manifold.  The manifold I swapped on is from a '77 345.  The hose I'm
missing is the "crankcase ventilation" hose.  The 392 had the round w/
flat bottom, the 345 had the round with a "nipple" on the bottom - plug
like.

> : Oh well, it almost ran..
> Your T-all is ahead of mine! %^}

Tonight I plan to take the hose in question (it's cracked badly) to the
auto parts store and see about a replacement.  I'll also look to see if
there are any other hoses or leaks I overlooked late Friday night..

Just looking for anyone else's analysis of what I need to double check..

Soon I'll have a running Travelall. :-)

Then I get to flush the cooling system, and flush the one forwad gas
tank... if all goes well, there might be a trip to Missoula for the
Travelall this weekend..

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 Travelall 1110 - title in hand (finally)