345 in australia burning oil...Alternate threads...

Hmm...at 106,000 or so miles, that sounds awefully early to be burning that
amount of oil.  Somethings prematurely worn out, and you assumptions are
probably pretty close to what's happening.  I would suspect piston rings if
your compression numbers are lower than normal.  My 304, which is not in
many ways the favourite of the "big 3," barely goes through a quart a
month, and I have over 360,000kms on her (about 225,000 miles.) Perhaps
some other digesters could fill you in on the more probable causes of your
Scout's oil consumption (or gluttony, etc.)

Digest: I agree with keeping things on topic, BUT I do feel that if a
member has a question or request that they feel comfortable asking the
general membership of, then this should not be discouraged, as we are all
human beings and tend to stay with what's comfortable.  In this case, even
if a request is "off" topic, we should be flattered that us lowly IH'ers be
in such a high degree of repute for being honest and thorough with our
answers and support that we be asked for advice in other matters as well!!!

As for my "off" topic problem, I honestly must say that I asked here first,
before even going directly with the software company...

HOWEVER, I agree that such discussions, for the sake of archivists like
myself, new members, and others who's ulterior motive is IH, to keep the
actual discussion here IH-related.