Swivel seat update post, etc. (plus an itty bitty bit on LINUX)

Ok....

Here's the scoop so far...I have installed two swivel bucket reclining
seats In my Scout II, and so far they are the best I have ever had in that
truck (I've gone through standard bucket seats and the 60/40 split bench
seats too...) But I would like to have armrests on both sides.  At this
time, they are only on one side (facing in)

I had originally asked the digest whether someone knew how the armrests
came off, but I guess this is something that hasn't been done too often.  I
wanted to recover them, as well, so It was imperative that I figured out
how this all came apart.

As there is no way to remove them without taking "Some" covering off, I
took the extra seat I had and started a sacrificial cover removal (it has
the worst rips, anyways) and removed the metal clips that held the seatback
covering on.  I peeled it back, enough to see the following:

-The armrest is held on by a bolt and nut that is threaded through a
bracket welded to the upright tube.  There is a large nut that I have to
unscrew to remove the armrest.

-Regardless if there is armrests on only one side, there are brackets on
BOTH sides (meaning conversion should be a cinch to get armrests on both
sides of the good seats...

The only problem with this operation is the need to play around with the
seatcovers, so I had better have the required new coverings handy to
replace the old ones...

Oh yes...LINUX is now running on my desktop computer. I am using KDE as an
interface (the packages I bought was OPEN LINUX from CALDERA) and it's
pretty Great so far!!! Of course, I'm not a linux guru (yet) and need some
tutelage, as well as some sources for utilities (I'm having problems
getting the modem to work properly..I can't seem to find the utility to let
me adjust the IRQ settings, etc)  SO, I am asking that any IH'er familiar
with this stuff to email me privately (to keep it off the digest) and give
me a hand getting started with it)

I must admit I'm impressed with how efficient this new system is.  It's
tons faster than the WIN95 I had on it before I killed it, and the true
multitasking environment is clearly better than what Microshaft offers at
this time.It's ease of running multiple applications without too much
degradation in performance was the first thing I noticed...

Anyways, My email: jasoncolavecchia@domain.elided