Re: Computers Again, Briefly

David - or anyone else:

I've got an original, 1979 model IBM PC. The one with 8086, no hard drive,
two 5.25 360K floppies and max memory on MB of 64k. I have an additional
Tekram (I think) memory board with another whopping 64k or so on it. I have
DOS 1.0 and some old software that runs on this thing.

Does it have any museum value.

Does anyone want it? Any of you teach computer courses and want to show
some know-it-all teenagers what we had to cope with "in the olden days"?

I'd probably be willing to donate it to a good home since it is just taking
up space in the sewing room.

Yes, believe it or not, my then partners and I paid something like $7,500
for that machine to use in our tax and financial planning business. I kept
it after I sold the business and probably used it as my home PC until 1985
or so, when I went to a computer show and bought a "fast" 386 for $2,500.

And, in case anyone wants to start up this thread again, we also had an
Apple IIe in that business that my partner kept. There was a lot more
software for the Apple at the time, if I remember correctly.

Tom H.