Re: Taco,KFC,Dominoes commercial

Michael:

Was that at the Concord Pavillion?

My brother-in-law's step father went. He's almost 70 and really likes
country music. He's an Okie. He figured if Charlie Daniels was country, so
was Molly Hatchet and Marshall Tucker.

Oooopssssssssssss.

He didn't much care for CD's politics or the music from Molly Hatchet and
Marshall Tucker.

On the other hand, when I was in college, CD, Molly Hatchet and especially
Marshall Tucker were all the rage. We called it "country rock". Poco - an
offshoot of the Byrds and others - really created this classification. I
think I've got two Marshall Tucker LPs. I loved that one Marshall Tucker
song, "Green Grass and High Tides Forever". Funny how things you just
assume will go on forever end up going from FM radio national airplay to
podunk venues that only hold 5,000.

Saw an interview with Grace Slick the other night. She says she won't
perform any more because rock is a young person's game. She says she is
embarrased by 50 yr old rockers still perfomring. I guess she hasn't gone
to see one of the Stone's tours of the last few years.

Damn, I must be getting old!

You'll have another chance on May 19th I beleive, to see them all at the
Dixon "Mayfair". I could be talked into going myself.

Tom H.