Re: Computers Again, Briefly

Message text written by "Tom Harais"
>I've got an original, 1979 model IBM PC. The one with 8086, no hard drive,
two 5.25 360K floppies and max memory on MB of 64k. I have an additional
Tekram (I think) memory board with another whopping 64k or so on it. I have
DOS 1.0 and some old software that runs on this thing.<

Tom,

  Are you sure about that date, 1979?  I ordered my first Apple in 12-79,
and received it 1-80.   I don't recall any IBM PC's being available until a
few years later.

Doug