IC Modifications

I was looking at the heads on my 392 and I had a thought.  Could you use 345
heads on a IC 392 if you grafted the water tubes together?  What I am saying is
a single tube from each side of the pump branching into two on either side.
This would provide flow to both the head and the block.  I realize it would take
some crafty fabbing to produce a Y tube but it seems like the best of both
worlds higher compression / efficient cooling.  Am I daydreaming here or is this
feasible?

Regards

MT