Re: Current Issue of Special Interest Autos

>From: Al Evitts <albert@domain.elided>
>Subject: Current Issue of Special Interest Autos
>
>The current issue of this magazine is showing some old Scouts in various
>stages of abandonment and abusive usage.  Also are whining as to how no
>one ever thought of collecting these vehicles since SUVs are so
>popular.  Thats all we need abunch of yuppies making the price of a
>junkyard scout approach the natiopnal debt. One item of interest that I
>never heard before, A guy named Russel, who was some kind of a
>conversion Guru in the 70,s tried to move the Scout production to Texas
>and keep making them but he apparently lost backing or some such and the
>deal fell thru.  Any one heard of this before?   FWIW
>
>Al

The June '96 issue of Collectible Automobile (you can order back issues of
this magazine) has a very interesting feature on the International Scouts,
with pictures of early conception drawings to a couple of pictures of a
prototype for the '82 Scout (composite body) and everything in between.

Cam Dingwall

P.S. I live in Canada not Australia.