RE: Think before you buy....

>From: "Farmer" <pharmer@domain.elided>
>always had headaches with Alphas.  But the IBM SP2 I ran stayed up without
>crashing for months (and it consisted of 10 parallel RS/6000s).  The Sequent

The IBM SP2 reference brought this link into my memory:
http://www.computerworld.com/home/print.nsf/all/990503linux

Basically, Linux running on 32 clustered Pentium's matched the performance of
an SP2 for 1/20th of the (leased) price.  Very interesting.

Scout related:

I installed a straight-steer brace on my Scout last weekend and it made a nice
difference in on-the-road handling.  I think I've almost got all of the kinks
out of the steering except for readjusting the gearbox.  I don't have all of
the necessary torque measuring devices necessary for proper measurement.  I
may also add a drop-pitman arm to reduce bump steer (which isn't that bad
anymore, but it bothers my SO).

Also, the new floors and body mounts (from Howteron) are going to be welded in
probably next week.  That shouldn't be too big of a deal.  At the same time,
I'll be running new wires and a new gas line.  That should take care of the
underside of the Scout and I'll be starting on the exterior now that it's warm
again.  And I think I'm going to roll my bed with one of the do-it-yourself
liner kits; Durabak, Lava, etc.

Also, I have a new oil leak that appears to be coming from the top of the
engine, but not from the valve covers (I've replaced those gaskets already).
Could that be the valley gasket?  Is it difficult to replace?

Tony