RE: Can I???

> "Twas not a BUFF--more like a B-25 or B-47??? BUFFs were 1. Not around
> then. (believe it or not) 2. do NOT use radial piston engines!

I think you are talking about the B-29.  It was going to be the 2nd flying
B-29 in the world (the confederate air force has the only one - named Fifi).

What a loss!  Can you imagine traveling to some distant isolated location,
working on your scout for a year, only to have it burn up!  Of course, IH
engines were far far better than those nasty write cyclones: more B-29s
crashed in WWII due to engine failure than due to being shot down.

Hmmm, but my wiring *does* stink.  I make sure that I've always got a
fire-extinguisher in all my IHs!  Especially on my scout, with its rough
diesel->gas conversion.  My buddy used to keep a fire-extinguisher in his
pickup truck to put beetles out. ;-)

Ken Farmer
pharmer@domain.elided