stuff we don't have in common

Ken Hitchcox wrote:
> Ok about computers...WHO CARES! I turn it on, it works. 'nuff said. 'Cept
> maybe mine is better than yours.

Agreed.

Except my prior computer was the same model as Deep Blue, the first computer
to win a series against a chess grand master.  They basically used one
computer / board square.  Stinkin' IBM wouldn't give us the chess	 software.
Ah well.  Doom ran fine on it. ;-)

But when it comes to good looking machinery, you have to go back about a
hundred years.  Back to when folks were proud of the machines, and expected
them to last a few generations.  Stuff with lots of brass & art deco
inspired shapes.  Some of that stuff is still being used today.

Besides IH, I also enjoyed my mercedes diesel, and my old VW bug.  The
mercedes folks have themselves convinced that they have the most reliable,
and cheapest to run vehicles in the world.  Darn that Mercedes 300SD was
comfortable and enjoyable to drive.  Darn was it expensive to keep in good
repair!

Hmmm, the list seems a somehow quieter and friendlier place when we talk IH!

And don't even get me started on how much I'd love to see Hillary run for
president! <running for cover>

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout II  - Tom M: when are you going to write up details on that
                 knuckle conversion?  I was just checking out Darrel K's
                 and am thinking the same thing.
1975 Travelall - Will be doing the rust fix this summer
1974 Travelall - Got to sell this one some day
+ various generally short-lived computer that no one wants to hear about