New Scout

Digesters:  Got a new (75) Scout 2 over the weekend am in the process of
looking it over.  Seems above average body wise only some rust in the
bed area,mech seems to be above average.  One thing I don't know what is
so a little help would be appreciated.  Above the gold box is another
plastic box about the same size with a vacuum line going in and 2 wires
comming out they are cut off and not hooked to anything so I suspect
they are not necessary.  My other scout is a 6 cylinder and didnt have
this. TIA

Al