Re: electric car dieing?

Well in battery electric cars yes. But in a hybrid or fuel cell vehicle
the only remote pollution is the same as for regualar autos - that used
to extract and refine the fuel.

I think one of the great efficiencies of using electric motors and a
SMALL onboard battery as well as a small internal combustion engine (as
in the hybrid design) is it allows you to run the engine at optimal
efficiency only when it is needed to generate electricity. No idleing.
You can also use regenerative breaking to slow down meaning that all
your kinetic energy is not wasted as heat but instead runs the electric
motors as generators so you can recharge a battery. In a hybrid the
battery can be much much smaller than in a battery driven vehicle
because it's only purpose is to average out the load so can use a very
small engine.

I have to laugh. The IH forum is probably a hard place to sell
low-emission vehicles!

Peace,
Eric

--
Eric Hegstrom                          .~.
Senior Software Engineer               /V\