RE: ihc-digest V6 #787

>Just to clarify my thoughts, no points were ever available for the
prestolite
>distributor, correct?  And is the pertronix available as a swap for the
>prestolite ignition or just the holley?  Also, the prestolites do not use a
>ballast resistor but did IH use any resistance wiring in the ignition as
was
>used in points applications?  Should I even care since I'm moving to an MSD
>system?  I am probing this possibility just for the redundancy.  I've had
the
>prestolites go out on me before.  Pretty cheap to replace, but not when you
>have to add a towing bill to the total.
>
>Lots of stuff to remember.  I may need to pick some brains (any
volunteers?)
>when I do the swap.  It sounds pretty cut and dry for my prestolite system,
>but the cost for the holley distributor w/pertronix is pretty reasonable
and I
>may swap one in on the same weekend.
>
>Thanks,
>Tony

Tony...
You want me to come over and give you a hand...
Electrical is my specialty...

Let me know...

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted
http://members.xoom.com/ScoutII
Member of "The Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association"
http://www.off-road.com/~ifwda/
Member of Scouts West
http://www.scoutswest.com