The Draft Effect

As one who has drafted, and obviously from John L.'s comment been
drafted upon, I have a question.  Does anyone know what effect the
drafter has on the draftee? Does John L. owe me great amounts of fuel
money for having disrupted the patterns of vortices at the rear of my
trailer?
Well, even if he does, I forgive him all monies owed, because of my
great affection for him.

Several other people have now duplicated what used to happen to me,
which was that my 1210 Travelall got about a mile/gallon better gas
mileage pulling my trailer, than when not towing anything. Obviously,
this did not happen to John.

As for my "sweet" wife, how come everybody who meets her, uses
adjectives like sweet and thoughtful for her, whereas the only
adjective regularly preceding my name is Ol'? And what's much worse,
how come everyone wonders what I ever did to deserve her?
The answer to that question so often posed, is that I stole her out of
her proverbial cradle. She would be the first to tell you that she was
too dumb to know the difference. Besides that, I was the local school
teacher making an even $300 a month gross, and compared to her family,
she thought I was rich. After 42 years, she's too used to me to want
to bother to change.
Ol' Saline
John Hofstetter