Re: Travelall engine work

Tom,
I don't know just how far up the hood on the T'all goes up before it
stops, but the hood on my 800 (and I'm sure just about every 80/800) opens
up until it hits the front of the top.  What I normally do is tie one end
of a rope somewhere on the hood and run the other end of the rope around
to something behind the Scout, you could use the bumper.  That way you
have *more* room than what you would have with a Scout II, since you can
move around the front of the engine bay too.  Like I said, I don't know
how the T'all hood works, but if it doesn't have stops that keep it from
opening very far, you might try it.  Hope it helps, if it doesn't help
you, hope it helps some other 80/800 owner who hasn't discovered this.:)

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - awaiting carb parts...
1965 Scout 80 - body parts
1964 Scout 80 - get around to parting it out someday?

If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world
peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until
the looting started.