Re: Warn Hub Parts

> Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:48:40 -0700
> From: Curt Cleavinger <rcleavin@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: hubs and styles
>
> I keep meaning
> to call warn and find out if I can get just the holy washer and lock-ring

Yes . . . Warn's parts department will happily sell a "kit" for about $40
that includes

2 EA - innermost flat (non-slotted) tab washer
2 EA - 4-prong "castellated" inner nuts with a single locating pin
2 EA - "improved (extra-thick) slotted tab washers (aka "holy washers")
2 EA - 4-prong Castellated outer nuts with 3 set screws

Both the inner and the outer nuts will use the Chevy-style 4-prong spindle
nut socket (the Plews part number for which I published in the 10/98
Bulletin, but don't have at my fingertips just now).  Socket cost me about
$12 at Checker/Kragen/Shucks etc.

Kit seems a little on the "spendy" side, but the convenience is first-rate.
 I've paid more for less.

I run these nuts both front and rear on my Scout II (with the Warn
internal-spline front conversion, and the FF rear conversion), AND on
Jamie's 800B (open knuckle Dana 30 converted to discs with SuperWinch
manual hublocks).

Bill