Re: sticky lifter

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Hegstrom <ehegstrom@domain.elided>
To: J. Michael Shaw, II <MikeIIDC@domain.elided>
Date: Monday, April 26, 1999 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: sticky lifter

>Yea, I once lost the modulator in the transmission of an Olds of mine
>and it started sucking the dexron in via the vacuum line. Oh yea, it
>smokes. Thought it was something really really bad till I fugured it
>out.  If anybody tries the auto-tranny fluid in the carb let me know how
>it works. I may just try it myself.
>
>Cheers,
>Eric

>> >Dad had an Oldsmobile in the early 70's that had a problem with a
sticking
>> >valve.  He'd pour a quart of transmission oil into the carb while
someone
>> kept
>> >the car running at fast idle.  It really smoked up the neighborhood, but
>> it'd
>> >free the valve.
>> >
>> >Doug
>>
>> Whoa!!!  Tranny fluid into the carb!!!  Wow!  That is a new one on me!  I
>> bet it smoked!!!
>>
>> Michael
>
>--
>Eric Hegstrom                          .~.
>Senior Software Engineer               /V\
>Sonoran Scanners, Inc.                // \\          L I N U X
>ehegstrom@domain.elided        /(   )\  >don't fear the penguin<
>520-617-0072 x402                     ^^-^^

Well, I think I have a sticky lifter going on myself, and am waiting to see
what works best.  AT least, that's what it acts like-I had one in my 345,
and this-in a 304-is acting almost the same.  Everyone let me know what they
did and how it works-I probably won't get around to this until next weekend.

Michael