Re: IHCitings / wimpy horn

Tom Mandera wrote:

> Heather & Bryan wrote:
> > BTW, since seeing all these Scouts, when I think about seeing one when>
> > I'm in mine, I don't want to honk because I think the horn sounds
>
> I usually just wave and smile. ;-)
>
> > should directly relate to the size of the vehicle and my horn is about
> > 75% too wimpy.
> > If I do change the horn, what is involved in that, and since it's so
> > old, I am sure I am limited on the type, right?
>
> On the contrary.. 'cuz the Scout is so old, you're much more free to put
> ANY kind of horn you want.
>
> I think a big air horn would be cool.  Of course, if you put Glasspacks
> on your Scout, the horn isn't as necessary any more.. when the '72 I
> bought was still my friend's, he griped loudly when his Dad finally put
> a new exhaust on it.. instead of a loud n' rumbling Scout, he had a very
> quiet and tame sounding 'car"..
>
> I took that motor out, and put it into the Scout I currently drive and
> went for a dual exhaust with turbos.. sounds better, and the motor revs
> much more easily and feels stronger.
>
> -Tom Mandera, Helena MT
> http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
> 3 Scout II Projects/Drivers
> 1 Scout II being scrapped, one already
> 1 Traveler ????
> '72 Travelall

OK Tom, you are right, but you don't know how crowded the streets are
here (not to mention all the hummers and explorers and expeditions in
the way.  I would HAVE to honk to get a Scout driver to notice me!

You know, I had glasspacks on my baby little Swift and it sounded cute
at first, but I thought it was too loud after a while and I can't
imagine how loud it would be in the truck that has NO interior fru fru
stuff!  EEK!  Too loud for my sensitive ears.  We're going for the air
horn!

--
Heather