Re: Factory IH engines.

jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:
>What'd you ask them so that they didn't laugh at you when you called.

Ring Ring...
them: I-10 International Parts Department
me: yea, can you get rebuilt lite line engines; say a 345 or 396
them: yea, we can order them up
me: how much for a 345 ballpark
them: <mumble and talk amongst themselves ... $2400
me: is that a 2 year warranty?
then: <more offline discussion> 1 year unlimited mileage on the
      gasoline engines
me: OK, how long do they take to get.
them: about a week or so
me: thanks

Have you had trouble dealing with them. Have you talked to Bud's
outback. That's the place to go (if Bud does the work -- I know he was
sick awile ago and had someone else doing it). I think he sends them to
a place in Phoenix (I can't remember their name, but they give you a
worse deal if you call them direct) and he gives you a 2 year warranty (
I think 1 if the swap is done by a non-professional). Just a thought.

Peace,
Eric

--
Eric Hegstrom                          .~.
Senior Software Engineer               /V\