Re: Pertronix

Mike:

Your ammetter showed slightly positive because your battery was drained
down and the alternator was constantly charging. My Traveler sits sometimes
for weeks without being driven. I have to crank it for 15 -30 seconds just
to get fuel back up to the fuel bowls.But, after I get it running, the
ammeter shows a slight charge all over town. If I take it out on the
highway for an hour or more, the ammeter moves to no charge/dischagre. Dead
center! That is when the battery is fully charged and at it's "internal
operating rusistance" such that all current is being supplied by the
ammeter

Tom H.