Re: Fuel sender access

At a recent NATO press briefing, Mark A Pepe <mpepe@domain.elided> was heard
threatening Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic...

>Also: John L, I know you replaced your sending unit with an autometer
>part, can you e mail me a part # when you get back and get this? I think
>my float has a hole in it and has sunk to the bottom of the tank but won't
>know till I get it out.

Sorry Mark, but I didn't replace the sender, I added an Autometer fuel *gauge*
to my Traveler.  I reused the stock sending unit after I took it out and sort
of refurbished it.  I was lucky in that the float was fine (which you might be
surprised to find your is too).  What's more likely is that the variable
resistor on the sending unit is somehow screwed up.  The contact point that
slides up and down on the coiled wire on mine was long since worn away when I
took a look at it.  I fashioned a tiny new contact point out of some hard
brass and soldered it in place.  It works great now.

Take care,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |