Re: Pertronix

Mike Stenstrom wrote:

>    When I wired the module to the coil, I noticed a condenser looking
> component on the coil and wired to the positive side of the coil.  Since
> there were no shortage of warnings in the instructions and I could not find
> this thing in my diagrams, I left it off.  I'm guessing it's an RF
> suppressor.  Anybody else have this setup?

It is an RF suppressor and not needed.  I didn't know that.  I put my
Pertronix in, and then noticed I hadn't reattached the RF suppressor, so
I put it on.. and promptly snapped the terminal stud off of my coil!  So
much for "put the Pertronix in alone and see if that fixes it".. paid
$35 for a new coil from NAPA.. two days later my Accel coil (that's
still in the box) showed up.. I think I paid $25 for it.. but it came
from a different warehouse than the Pertronix.  d'oh

-Tom