and another

  oohh! That Pertronix post reminded me....I am the
guy having the problem with my headlights only working
in the 'high' postion, I have not had a chance yet to
trace wires (weekend project, after I change the
push-rod cover gasket thats spews oil
EVERYWHERE)...but in the meantime whenever I pull the
switch for the head lights my battery gauge
(ammeter/voltmeter?) drops way into the discharge
section, once I bring the revs up, way up the needle
swings back onto the charge side and then levels out
just a little on the charge side.
Any idea why this is?
Thanks,

===