Re: Tom has a new Travelall Project

I tried to remove the front tank to clean it out (steam and/or
>muriatic acid - maybe the liner from Eastwood) since I don't think it
>had a real rust problem just crud. Unfortunately for me the nut that the
>reataining strap screws into just freely spins inside the body.

Eric-  I sympathize!  I had the exact same problem.  I had to dremel tool
the bolt in half that held the tank on and then take it in to have a new
anchor welded on.  Unfortunately, the shop I took it to thought that the
hole in the body was not original, and welded in another anchor underneath
on the side of the frame rail.  I have not re-installed yet to see if it
will work or not.  If not, I ma going to take it back and make him redo it,
as I asked if he wanted to take a lok at it with me before I left it and he
said, "No,  can do it!"

Anyway, I hear that the other side of that strapunbolts also-but haven't
looked, mine is already screwed, so why look now!

Michael