RE: Jacobs wiring...

Scott,
Are you testing the positive side of the coil and grounding the other side?
I don't know what setup you have but I remember most systems having a direct
connection from the positive side of the coil right to the battery (Or
alternator) and the ignition control module is controlling the negative side
of the circuit.

It's still early and I need more coffee.. But just something to think
about...

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted
http://members.xoom.com/ScoutII
Member of "The Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association"
http://www.off-road.com/~ifwda/
Member of Scouts West
http://www.scoutswest.com

>Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 23:17:19 EDT
>From: DORKIEST@domain.elided
>Subject: Jacobs wiring
>
>I have a question about the Jacobs:
>My friend has the Jacobs system on his J$%P, he did a body/engine swap, and
>put the Jacobs back on.  Heres the question, now there is power to the coil
>all the time.  The only way I could figure it out was that the Jacobs Box
was
>sending power to the coil even though the ignition is off.   My friend
called
>Jacobs, and they say thats ok, and to run a Jacobs coil, which he has.   It
>just doesn't sound right for power to be going to the coil all the time.
Is