Re: Scout III

There were plans for a replacement for the Scout II sometime in the early
80s.  This was not the composite-bodied, fastback prototype that was
actually built and shown around the country, although this was somewhat
of a lead-in to the replacement.  The prototype was known as the
SSV--Scout Supplemental Vehicle, intended to broaden the line to a more
sporty vehicle like the SSII was that would not replace the Scout line
itself.

The lead-in was that the proposals for the replacement Scout were also
composite bodies that featured a more rounded shape much like some of the
current SUVs.  Photos of some of the mock-ups have appeared in some of
the recent Scout articles in some of the magazines.  Nothing was
firmed-up enough in these proposals so that you can point to one mock-up
and say this was THE Scout III, but after 10 years in production, a new
one was being looked at.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:52:33 -0500 Richie Houdek <rdrhoudek@domain.elided>
writes:
>I had heard this some where,  buy I don't know where.  Did
>IHC ever have plans for making the Scout III or is that just
>a rumor that I personally heard.
>
>Thanks
>
>Richie Houdek
>73 Scout II (flying J)
>74 Scout II (parts)
>73 Scout II (parts)
>71 IHC pickup (dad's truck)
>rdrhoudek@domain.elided

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]