Re: Dana 44 R&P Sets

Hmmm... drilling for the 5.5" pattern in the front?  That's an interesting
idea.

Howard Pletcher just wrote me and informed me that the Scout 800 2WD
models (which both of mine are) used a 4.5" pattern.  I measured my old
wheels last night and I can now confirm that this is the pattern I have --
and that my donor axle has the 5.5" pattern.  <sigh>

So, Howard, Bob, Greg and others: is it possible (or advisable) to redrill
the front drums (remember, this is a 2WD model) for the 5.5" pattern?  Or,
better still in my uneducated opinion, are there 9" drums for a 2WD Scout
II that would fit on my front spindles and allow me to reuse my brake
hardware?  I just spent $250+ on replacing everything under the drums on
this baby and I do *not* want to just toss all those new parts.  Any
ideas?

Alan
'68 Scout 800 *2WD* LHD, which needs higher gearing
'67 Scout 800 2WD RHD, which I'm leaving alone for the moment!

----