Re: shaking, heater, jack

I saw a "tip" some time ago in one of the magazines, suggesting spraying
a line along each end of shaft and onto the yokes w/ florecent paint to
aid in re-assembly

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999 08:56:16 -0500 (CDT) Steve Stegmann
<stegmann@domain.elided> writes:

>On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Daniel Nees wrote:
>
>> The rear shaft is a piece of cake. Just block the wheels, put the
>> transfer case or tranny in nuetral and crawl under with a half inch
>> wrench. There are 4 u-bolts that clamp the joints to the pinion
>yokes.
>> Just unbolt them and pull the clamps off and Voila! one driveshaft
>in
>> hand.
>>
>Dan,
>
>You should have mentioned that you should mark the driveshaft so you
>get
>the pieces back in the same orientation.  Else you can get vibration
>from
>an out-of-phase U-joint.
>
>Steve

Joe Dufresne email (normal) Josad@domain.elided email (with attachments)
josad76@domain.elided, ICQ #25751950, homepage
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/index.html, Scout Page
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6536/scoutf.html PGP public key
avadiable upon request

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]