Re: impossibly low gearing

> 1:  find two identical ratio'ed two-speed electric Eaton rear axles off of
> a light-line (yes, they were available!!), loadstar or S-series truck
> to shift in tandem, and allow for operation just like on a big truck!
> Plus, you can forget about breaking ring and pinions forever....

I like it.  I really like it.

Issues - every two speed rear end I've seen has had a low 4.X or 5.X as
the HIGH range.. with 7s or something for the lows.  I guess with 35s or
larger tires a 5.X series "high" rear end would be OK.. but for 33s, you
can forget highway mileage.

I haven't looked to see how large the Ring gear is.. but how much ground
clearance would I lose?

Can I get LOCKERS for these axles?  What good is a 150:1 crawl ratio if
I get two tires in the air and I'm done for the day?

How much larger is the Ring & Pinion - and would the front diff starting
hitting stuff?  If the axle tube diameter is much greater, it can cause
problems with the oil pan as well.

What's the unsprung weight??!!