Re: Double Low

John Fleck wrote:
> The other current thought bitting at me (listen up Rik) is to mount a
> divorce 201-205? behing the dana 20 with the shortest possible driveshaft
> between them (a knuckle welded to a knuckle with mabe 1" of tube connecting
> them) then a shortened driveshaft. I am thinking you could leave off the
> shifter levers as you would only use it once in a while while playing. Jump
> out reach underneath and with pliers shift it into low, or use an air
> operated cyclinder,  or mabey a 12 volt solinoide.

It's been done, John.  Eric Stude in Colorado runs a 6.9L/wide
T19/modified Dana 20 / NP205 in his 100" Dana 60'd Scout II.

Eric rotated the Dana 20 and redrilled the mounting holes to get the
front output out of the way and then used the divorce mounted NP205 from
a T'all or pickup behind it.

Curt Cleavenger was thinking of something similar but he has a Dana 20
that he removed the front output altogether and had the case welded up.

I don't think it's a simple "adapter plate" arrangement.  However, I do
believe if you put the divorced NP205 behind the Dana 20 in a 100" Scout
II you'd still be OK on driveshafts.  In fact, it should be just about
the perfect length - to swap your front (24" long) driveshaft to the
rear and put your rear (40" long) in front... since the NP205 adds 16".