Diesel debate, and thoughts in my head

I am planning (read future down the road) on getting a 5.9 Cummings with a
NV4500 or the earlie powerstroke (the non computer one....6.9 mabey? or
7.2? ) with its trannie and case to drop in a Travler frame with a 2-3"
body lift and some minor suspension mods to use as the hauler or
camping/hunting rig. I think this is possible and will be somewhat easy
with the body lift to make some room. Stuff it in align it and weld on some
motor mounts to the frame. Use a hydrylic clutch and work out the other
minor details. It should make a dandy rig.

I have seen them in the junkyard for $4500-$4000 for the motor trans/x-case
package.

The other current thought bitting at me (listen up Rik) is to mount a
divorce 201-205? behing the dana 20 with the shortest possible driveshaft
between them (a knuckle welded to a knuckle with mabe 1" of tube connecting
them) then a shortened driveshaft. I am thinking you could leave off the
shifter levers as you would only use it once in a while while playing. Jump
out reach underneath and with pliers shift it into low, or use an air
operated cyclinder,  or mabey a 12 volt solinoide.

Wolla a doulble transfer case. If it work good, copy all the mounting
plates and associated items, then fabricate them and pack them in a kit for
sale. You would supply the x-case and you are in business. Now I dont know
if it would work in the shorter scout 2 as the driveline angle may be too
steep.

Thoughts, allegations, and things left unsaid????????????????
Any comments welcome. But no this motor is better than that as both of the
ones mentioned have plenty of power for me and my purpose.
                        John L Fleck
                     1225 N.E. McGee Way
                     Pullman, Wa. 99163
        Washington State University College # 509 332-7565
        E-MAIL  jlfleck@domain.elided
        ICQ # 8536313                 GOD bless you
        Personal Web Site: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck
 WSU   Cougs Rule     WSU    Cougs Rule   WSU   Cougs Rule