RE: RMIHR

Tim wrote:
> What do you think of a middle ground--maybe bring them to the event for
> a few hours and let 'em see the trucks. (I'm trying to convert my
> sons into IHCaholics at an early age).

I think young kids are captivated by anything new.  But, most of them really
don't appreciate the difference between a yugo and an IH.  My two year old
will probably say "truck" at least 5,000 times, and that's about it.  My
five year old will want to go offroad in one (he's always asking me to pull
back on the lever that lets it climb rocks - like I'll start climbing rocks
in the middle of Colorado Springs!).  I'm planning on taking the five
year-old on some trail trips - I know he'll enjoy that.  Last year he took
mild interest in the races, and in the balance competition.  But, the events
really don't capture their imagination all that well.

Personally, if I had in-laws in town, I'd probably leave the kids with
them - there just aren't enough amusements to captivate the kids.  Keep in
mind that after the big weekend festivities, it goes for another five days
or so of trailrides.

Ken Farmer