RE: views on ford front dana 44 and Dana 60 front

John,

> Hey guys what are your views on the Dana 44 coil sprung front of
> a F-150 or a bronco. I have looked at some at a junk yard and see a way of
> using them but wondered if I could get more travel than its worth to
> convert to it? I mean if I only gain 1 inch its not worth the swap.

I don't know how far my tires will droop, but I know that my 32" tires will
reach the top of the wheel well without the anti-sway bar in place.  That's
actually more travel than I want (tires are too expensive).

You know what would be cool?  A Scout anti-sway bar that is easy to put on
and off.  With the triangle springs I really don't need mine on the road,
but with the stock springs it should be there - but offroad you don't need
it and it severely limits travel.

> Also I found a Dana 60 Front and a Dana 60 rear that I am looking
> at buying for my 35 inch tire runnen off road rig. Anyone see a problem
> with using a Dana 60 front axle?

Weight?

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout II