Re: views on ford front dana 44 and Dana 60 front

John Fleck wrote:

> So next question is can the 5 lug axles from a Fa-44 fit into a FA 18 and
> FA-25 (what is the difference between these two?)  so I can retain my 5 on
> 5 rims and tires?

If you went with a HD Dana 44 and not a '60, you can convert to 5 on 5.5
by using F150 rotors n' hubs on a Chevy axle.  Get a semi-float Dana 60
rear or a 9" from a mid 70s Ford pickup or a HD 1/2T T'all.

> WOW someone beat ya Tom to an answer on axles. I figured you had an
> inter-brain modem and would just know someone had asked an axle question so
> you could reply. You always get an answer in before most of us since you
> are online all day at work and have the individual version digest....:-)

Nah.. I answer any question that catches my interest.  I just happened
to go to sleep before midnight last night.. scarey, isn't it?

> Anyway Tom...this summer we will have to build some hybrid bad boy axle
> combos and try different setups of wild to mild suspension. I will do the
> welding and cut them back off to try another design, you supply the axles
> that are laying around your yard. Sound Good?

LOL.  I don't know about "wild" axle swaps.. I'm still interested in
"cheap and efficient" ;-)

I'll have $500 into my front axle for the racer.. that's HALF of what I
have into the entire truck.. sheesh...

> Hey Tom you flying into Tulare to see me and Joel? We will have to go shoot
> pool again...That was fun.

Nope.  I'll be home in Montana working on my racer instead of traipsing
off to Kalifornia.

I have a new project to look into as well.. gotta lube up the
driveshafts in the '69 Chevy 1/2T 4x4 we bought last night.. and see
what I can do to make that 455 Rocket scream a little more (the TH400 is
part of the problem - I think it needs adjusted).. then there's a '69
Malibu 4dr I located that just needs a motor... (wonder where that
Rocket might go?)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
Collecting more rigs.. I think I have to dump a Chevy Luv soon...
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72,72,77,77 SIIs, '77 Traveler, 69 2wd GMC, '68 2wd Chevy, 69 4wd Chevy
w/ 455, Suby Brat, Willys Wagon, Merc Tracer, '76&'76 Luv.. there's an
'89 BroncoII, too and a Daytona comin'..