Re: Panhard rod

Tom:

Depending on   bar setup you can still get side to side movement of the rear.  If
the 4 bar is set up such that the both bars on each side attach to the frame
rail, you will have side to side movement. If you set up the 4 bar so that  a
pair of the bars, usually the lower ones, attach at a center point, they will act
as a track locator, or panhard bar.  This will limit side to side travel.

But remember the bars will no longer swing in the same arc.  So you may have a
problem with suspension binding.

The problem is that this change will result in a 'Less" adjustable 4 bar.  You
won't have quite so much control over the weight transfer.

A better rear for straight line stuff, would be a conventional 4 bar. Both bars
on each side attach to the frame rail, and either a track locator or a panhard
bar.

My guess would be that this setup would work better off road as well.   But it
would be a guess.

Bob Brooks

--
Bob