Charlotte update finally.

   I got home today at 10:45 am. I stayed around last night to help
Sarah & Kent Robinson drive some of their 42 IH's they brought to the
show, back home. When we got back for the next trip Kent's 57 3/4 ton
P-up tow vehicle caught a nail in the rear tire and deflated.
   So, I got out my plug kit and we plugged the tire then ran it up the
street to fill it up with air. Since it was a split rim we were a little
concered about it coming apart and ripping our arms off, but we had no
problem there.
   Once that was fixed I headed home about 8:15 PM. I drove for a while,
stopped and slept an hour, drove a while, slept, ect... Took me about 14
hours to get home.
   Bad ran well. No problems, except that stupid lower radiator hose
leak problem that comes and goes. There is a concern, however; Bad had
no power. 304/T18/3.73's When I hit the hills, I mean hills, not
mountains, Bad would struggle badly. I could barely hold 55 MPH up the
hills, let alone climb up a hill. I think the problem is with the way
the ignition is set-up. He has a PerTronix, but I'm running on the stock
points coil, i.e. the external resistor coil. I'm thinking that this
isn't developing enough juice to really get full potential out of the
PerTronix. I'll have to play around with a few different coils I have
here. It isn't the timing, because; I tried to move it around some and
it made no difference. In fact, I have almost no play in timing one way
or another. The engine will die if I move the distributer more than 5
degrees either way. What do you think?

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

1 Scout II 1979 named Good
1 Scout II 1971 named Bad
1 Scout II 1979 named Ugly
I'm looking for an Automatic Tranny that will not take on water!

http://www.triplediamond.org