Re: Auto to 4-speed conversion

On Thu, 08 Apr 1999 22:24:17 -0500 Scott Machalk <smachalk@domain.elided>
writes:

>>Maybe.  You *should*.  The 727 has a 1" shorter rear 'shaft and 1"
longer
>>front driveshaft.<snip>
>
>Ok, then the shafts out of the parts truck would work here too?

Tom's advice on the bellhousings being interchangable is correct.  But
I'm not sure whether the parts truck drive shafts will work or not--only
if the 3 and 4 speeds are the same length, which I don't know the answer
to, but I'd expect the 4 speed to be a little larger.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]