Re: 304 valve noise

>From: jlandry@domain.elided (John A. Landry)
>To: "Chuck Welles" <cfw3@domain.elided>
>CC: ihc-digest@domain.elided, rik@domain.elided, cookiedan@domain.elided
>Subject: Re: 304 valve noise
>Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:38:49 GMT
>
>In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and "Chuck
Welles"
><cfw3@domain.elided> were heard saying...
>
>>Anyway,
>>with a few well placed blasts of air out shot a little aluminum
>>pellet (about .25 inches in diameter) which was lodged in the oil
>>passage which fed the rear main and cam.
>
>I can tell you *exactly* where that little silver colored plug came
from...
>but I want your three best guesses first! <grin>

I was thinking that it was blocking a hole drilled in the block that
is covered by the oil filter mounting bracket..but I'm just not
sure??? It didn't look like it came out of the filter--but it had to
pop out somewhere in the oil line after the oil went through the
filter--but it never made it out of the main oil galley!

tell me--I'm dying to know!