Re: radiator question

Chris,

I'd take the radiator to a good shop and see what they say.  Since these
old things are brass, they can be soldered easily.  Someone on the list
mentioned a source for new radiators a month or two back.  Make sure you
put in a Robertshaw thermostat.  NOT a cross reference.  They are indeed
made and function differently.  The IH v8s need the **real** RObertshaw
design.  AutoZone has them for about $5, Summit racing has them.  Get part
number 370-180.  The last 3 digits are the temp.

We just got back from a week in the Panamints and Death Valley.  A
geologists paradise.  Sort of like the Grand Canyon with tons of faulting
and bending.  Scenery is a knockout too.  I saw one place in Titus canyon
that was interesting.  Black rock layer, intrusive white quartz was
literally caught in the act of washing out broken bits of the black.
Looked like a cleanout was stopped in mid flush.  Most amazing thing I've
ever seen.  I hope my pix turns out.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776