Re: Talked to another Scout 800 owner last night

>Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:11:57 -0500 (EST)
>From: "daniel.r.felix.1" <dfelix2@domain.elided>
>Subject: Talked to another Scout 800 owner last night
>

>Since I have (I think) a 3 speed in one of my parts Scouts, I offered to
>let him use it until he could get that one from CO, but he said it needs
>to be a t-90AA or it will blow the gears apart with that 345.  So where on
>mine do I look for this designation??

If it is a three speed, coupled to a V8, then it is probably a T-90 AA-1B.  It says so right on the tranny, dig thru the dirt and grime near the top along the edge.

 Will the 3 speed I have right now
>(currently bolted up to a trashed 4 cyl) swap into his with the v8 easily?

Nope, I've been there, done that.  The input shafts are different sizes.  The V8 requires a larger input shaft.  Unless yours is a 3 speed from a Scout II, it will not work.

>Will bellhousings swap?

Nope, unless it's from a Scout II :)
 Is there anyway to tell if the one I have will
>bolt up to his engine without taking mine out and trying it?

If your 3 speed input shaft is only about 1.5" in diameter (or so), it won't work.

He didn't