RE: Diff Tags

>Tom wrote:
>> No, with 31" tires redline is closer to 70mph (3900rpm = 73.7mph not
>> counting the A/T slippage)
>Whoops, I was thinking of the 392.
>
>> In town it'll be fun.. and some night I'll have to kick it into 2wd-low
>> with a top end of 35mph... now, so long as the rear end doesn't explode
>> when the 727 hits 2nd gear, it should be a quick ride!
>
>Are you going to change the gears in the 727?  Somebody else on the list did
>that recently, I wonder how that would work.  Not that your highly modified
>scout would be even remotely comparable to my Travelall pulling a trailer!
>

>> I should race some 5.0s for pinks to the next stop light... in my
>> topless/windowless/doorless ugly beat up looking Scout..
>
>Hmmm, I always watch out for folks who are too eager!
>
>Ken Farmer

Before you go swapping stuff in a 727--the same wide ratio (2.77/1.55)
gears are supposed to go into an RH-47/A-618 (the tranny from a '94--'95
Dodge Cummins/ V-10) Giving ratios of 2.77, 1.55, 1.00, 0.79. and a lockup
converter. Working on a way to mount this very same tranny behind a
266/304/345/392 with junkyard parts, and mount a JEEP STYLE D-300 case
behind it, also all junkyard parts. Stay tuned. Those 4.88's might start
soundin' better on the highway one of these days.

Regards, Greg