Re: How do I lower my HC (ppm)?

Tom,
 Waynes Smog in Oakley on Hiway 4 will automatically do a pre test,
$34.00 covers the initial visit and any retest within 10 days, and the
tweaking is done automatically.
 (Guess who passed today !)
              Max Allowed          Avg            My results
(2500 RPM)
HC(ppm)   200                         45               15
CO(%)    2.00                       0.40             0.40
CO2(%)                                                       12.9
O2(%)                                                           2.4

              Max Allowed          Avg            My results
(Idle RPM)
HC(ppm)   250                         51               32
CO(%)    2.00                       0.20             0.66
CO2(%)                                                       12.8
O2(%)                                                           2.3

I want  to brag but I don't know if these figures are anything to be
proud of, or if there are indications in the numbers that point to
something I should be looking at. Any of th guru's out there ? (This is
for a 49 State 79 Scout II with 345 being smogged in CA).