RE: Custom Steering

Message text written by Tom Mandera
>Problem here - the Chevy is 6 bolt spindles!  Fine for THIS project.. but
that means Scout II spindles won't work.  I *believe* you could just use
Dana 30 spindles from a Scout or Jeep.. and probably a Ford caliper
bracket (again, 6 bolt vs Scout II '44s 8 bolt spindles n' brackets).<

Tom,

  I'm guessing the D44 axles are bigger diameter than Scout2 D30 axles so
the spindles may not be useable.   I got into diameter problems when I used
Scout 2 D30 spindles on my Scout 800 D30 disc brake conversion.  Although
in my case the solution was easy, I made a  bronze bushing so the smaller
800 D30 axles would fit the spindles meant for larger diameter Scout 2 D30
axles.  I suspect there wouldn't be an easy way to accomodate the larger
D44 axles in the D30 spindles.

Doug