Re: MSD 6A & Caster Corrector

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999 09:06:02 -0600 "Tony Urban" <turban@domain.elided>
writes:

>Also, I'd like to personally recommend the Caster Correctors from the
Scout
>Ranch.  Epp, you made a wonderful product.  I installed it yesterday and
it
>really cleaned up bump steer and reduced my Scout's tendency to wander
>around the highway.  I'll be giving the Scout the 'real' test next
week...
>my wife and I are driving to Colorado and she wants to drive the Scout
>see if it's improved.  I'm sure she'll agree.

I'm sure Caster Correctors improved your handling, but I want to clarify
that it wasn't bump steer that they corrected, any more than a steering
shock will help that condition.  As noted recently, bump steer is a
physical condition caused by the drag link running from the gear to the
steering arm at an angle and as the axle moves up and down, the change in
the effective length of the drag link causes it to push the wheel off the
straight ahead position.  Caster will help the wheel return to straight
ahead and make the problem less objectionable, but it will still bump
steer unless you rework the drag link position.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]