Re: Distributor Questions-TIMING LIGHT USED!!!

The aliens commander decided Eric Hegstrom <ehegstrom@domain.elided>
would make a perfect specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>I know with a big
>'ole IH its hard not to be leaning on something when working on the
>ignition. Just food for thought.

I'll have to admit I was *very* paranoid when working under the hood around
the MSD ignition system when I first installed it (and the engine was
running).  I'd heard / read the horror stories of pants wetting, etc.  But
I'll have to say I've gotten completely over that.  I simply take some
common sense precautions like where in heavy Nitrile (preferred) or heavy
dry leather gloves.  I've had my hands all over the distributor, coil and
plug wires with no shocks yet.

When I was a welder just out of high school, I received enough electrical
shocks to make me want to avoid them at all costs for the rest of my life.
The typical cause was trying to weld on a workpiece not properly grounded
(normally because of rust) to the grounded metal welding table.  I'd
unknowingly rest my sometimes wet gloved hand in such a way to form the
bridge across the faulty work to ground.  My hand or arm would become the
ground the instant the arc was struck... yeow!!!  The sensation was like
marbles rolling up and down inside my hand or arm (AC power).  Nasty stuff!

Say... do you think I was drain bameged by that???

>Peace,

Happiness,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT