Re: Distributor Questions-TIMING LIGHT USED!!!

Michael:

Sounds like your "barking up the right tree". What do you mean by, " I have
a noticeably missing spark on my #8, #1 and #4 wires"? How do you know
that? Describe further please.

First, you  have a dwell meter so check your dwell and make sure it is in
spec. Specs are under the hood on an emissions lable or in the manual.

Then, make sure your rotor has a nice, clean "end" on the metal part. That
is, sand the narrow surface that is vertical ------------   (like the end
of this line) a little to expose clean metal. Make sure the metal "prongs"
inside your distributor cap are simiarly clean.

If you have an ohm meter, pull spark plug wires from the plug and dist cap
(one at a time, so you don't loose track of which goes where) and check the
resistance end to end of each wire. There should be a spec in the manual
again and if you don't have a manual, I do.

Tom H.