Suspension missed in list

Tom you missed one of the most cost advantagest lifts there is if done
properly and it is sure to gain you 4" of lift exactly.

Simply(i say that to the advanced or trained qualified Welder fabricater)
cut the spring mounts off and lower them 4" and the brace them well and
reatach the springs. Wolla 4" lift
ASCIE art as follows.

__________________________________________________X

p	p	p	p	p	p	p
  \			/
4" \	    	      /
    \ 	    O	     /
     \____________/ X

Now imagine a line conecting X to X. This would be the 3/8 plate that
braces the whole  lowering assembly. It would cover from the top of the
frame rail to the bottum of the shackle mount and be one piece to cover the
front and rear. The angle cut would help it slide along any obstacles it
encounters and ride over them. Now before any of you tells me this is week
and will fall off, It is plenty strong and by extending a ways beyong the
mount it adds ridgedness to it especially if plug welded in several spots
in the middle part of the brace ( say where the P's are in the above
diagramm. Now in addition to thoes of you who say it hangs below the frame
rail 6 inches (4" lift & 2" spring perch), Yes it does but then so do 4
link arms, trailing arms (ford bronco style) and some other suspension
designs.

Now for the front make the perches like you were doing a reverse shackle
and you should be fine.

This setup would be ideal for a mud runner or a person who doesnt see alot
of rockcrawlin where the bracing ramps would hang up alot. If it was on a
family/ mountain hunting road Scout it would work just fine. This would
take a day to do at most for a qualified Welder/Fabricater and cost
considerable cheaper than buying springs.

One of these days I will photograph a welded up version of this. If someone
wants to donate a junker scout then we could weld it up for fun one of
these days since it is getting warmer

Rik Desjardin, or Joel Webster  are you reading this. You are in my area
and close enough to me to come by the shop with a scout and help me do this
for fun sometime next month after I graduate.

Wow I must be sick if I love to weld up Scout things for fun...Na it must
mean I am on a higher plane of what fun is than most jeepers and such.

I welcome all feedback from you digesters. Thanks
and ladies and gentalman John has left the digest :-)
                        John L Fleck
                     1225 N.E. McGee Way
                     Pullman, Wa. 99163
        Washington State University College # 509 332-7565
        E-MAIL  jlfleck@domain.elided
        ICQ # 8536313                 GOD bless you
        Personal Web Site: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck
 WSU   Cougs Rule     WSU    Cougs Rule   WSU   Cougs Rule