RE: overdrive

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Farmer wrote:

> Rather than try to work out a nearly impossible compromise, why don't you go
> with the flow:  get *yet another* IH for economy!

Already am....

> Engine:  196 / Nissan
> Tires:   235"
> Springs: Saggy stock
> Axles:   3.73 / 4.10
> Trans:   T-19 Close
> XF Case: D20

Guess what I'm about to put together in a month or two?  I have almost
all of the parts...

196/3spd/D20, stock springs, 3.73 gears, Dana 30 front w/ drums.  I have
LOTS of 235/75R15s in good shape that I need to wear off..

That'll be the "street Scout".. for my temporary use, mom's use, loan to
whomever, whatever...

But it won't be able to tow the racer at 75mph and get 20mpg... which was
the goal, remember? ;-)

> So, how much does it cost to register and insure seven vehicles in Montana
> each year?

$30 each for registration ($40 for the '72 with "SCOUT II" plates and the
'77 with "I8A4D")  Insurance, OTOH, isn't cheap.. but they're not all
insured all of the time.  Wait, insurance is cheap (comparatively).. $200
every 6 months?.. something like that..

The price I pay for living in Big Sky Country.

<g>

-Tom