Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 12:51:17 -0500 (EST)
              From: cookiedan@domain.elided (Daniel Nees)
              Subject: Re: notices, etc.

              Jason,
                 For the most part these out of site laws, usually are
passed by the
              local towns to make them look nice. On one hand, I don't
have a problem
              with requiring vehicles that are out in the open look
nice, what I don't
              like is the attitude that goes with it.
                 For instance. My father has a nice looking Ford
Falcon parked in the
              driveway. It is registered and insured, but; if it
wasn't the town would
              fine us until we got rid of it, or registered and
insured it. That is so
              wrong and annoying to me. We actually had a cop come to
our house and
              threaten us because we had Bad and the Falcon parked
side by side in the
              driveway and they hadn't moved in a couple of months,
They told us if we
              didn't get rid of them we would be fined. We had to go
down to the
              borough hall and prove that they were registered and
insured!
                 Now these two notices I just posted though are state
goverments
              stepping into local goverment issues. The reason for
these laws is an
              attempt to get rid of any old cars. These are akin to
'clunker laws'
              where they assume that just because a car is old it is
also a gross
              polluter. For the record all three of my Scouts come in
well below the
              state standard for emmissions.
                 I don't know if that answered your question or not.

              _____Dan Nees_____
              cookiedan@domain.elided
              http://www.triplediamond.org